- Senator John McCain was born in Panama, in the Canal Zone that was, at the time considered U.S. Territory.
- The Panama Hat is really made in Ecuador.
- In Panama, you can swim in the Atlantic Ocean and the Pacific Ocean in the same day.
- The oldest continually operating railroad is in Panama. It travels from Panama City to Colon and back.
- Panama City is the only capital city that has a rain forest within the city limits.
- Panama is the only place in the world where you can see the sun rise on the Pacific and set on the Atlantic.
- The canal generates fully one-third of Panama’s entire economy.
- “A man a plan a canal panama” is a palindrome.